Thank you for your interest in working for Jackson County.
If you are applying for a specific job opening, for your application to be considered it must include all of the required documents and information. If the required information is not provided, the application will be considered incomplete and cannot be considered for the job opening, as per the County’s Codified Ordinance.
If you are not applying for a specific job opening at this time but would like to build an account in the County’s system in anticipation of applying in the future, you may complete and/or update whatever part of the account profile and application that you would like. Your information will be retained in the County’s system. You can return at any time through your User ID and password to complete the account profile and/or to submit an application for a particular job opening.
If you would like to receive text alerts on new Jackson County job openings in your area of interest and qualifications, please sign up for Jackson County Job Alerts. You will have an opportunity to sign up for the text alerts when you initiate your account.
- Please note, applications are accepted for advertised positions only. The County does not accept unsolicited applications or resumes.
- To apply on-line, click on the job title you are interested in and click on the "Apply" link. If this is the first time you are applying using our on-line employment application, please go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/Applications/Index to create an account and select a Username and Password. Once you have created your initial application, it can be edited and used to apply for more than one job opening. You may call NEOGOV for technical assistance with your application or user account at 855-524-5627.
Instructions for Completing and Submitting Your Application for a County Job Opening
Application completion - Applications are accepted for advertised job openings only. All required documents and information on the posted job opening must be received no later than the closing date for the posted job. Jackson County is not responsible for lost or incomplete submittals.
- You may review and complete your online application at any time using the User ID and password that you set up at the time that you initiated the application.
- If you wish to apply for another County job opening now or at a later date, you may use the same User ID and password to access and edit your current application on file with the County’s online application system, NeoGov. To apply for a different job opening, edit the online application to include the new Job Announcement # and Position Title. You may also resubmit/attach an updated resume and cover letter.
- Minimum requirements for the advertised job posting - Each job posting includes a list of minimum requirements that are unique to that particular job. The County screens applications for the job’s particular minimum qualifications. Only applications that meet minimum requirements will be forwarded to the Hiring Manager. Therefore, the County encourages you to include all of your relevant experiences, paid or unpaid (e.g., volunteer and leadership experiences, skills and supervisory training), in the application’s Work Experience/Employment History section, beginning with your most recent experience. Provide as many years of experience that are relevant to the job for which you are applying for, with a minimum of ten years of history if you have it. In your resume, describe the most relevant details on responsibilities and duties for each experience listed.
- Education and/or license/certification to meet minimum requirements for the job
|For positions that require or prefer a college degree||A verification of your education and degree status will be conducted. The County will conduct the verification through an education clearinghouse if you are selected as a final candidate and at the time of the job offer. You do not need to provide the education transcripts.|
For positions with minimum qualifications that allow partial college education credit and you do not have a college degree
|A verification of your college education courses will be conducted. The County will conduct the verification through an education clearinghouse if you are selected as a final candidate and at the time of the job offer. You do not need to provide the education transcripts.|
For positions that require a professional license or certification
|You will be responsible for providing a copy of or verification on the license status to the County at the time of the job offer.|
For candidates who completed education in foreign colleges or universities
|Completed foreign education may be used to meet Jackson County minimum qualification requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States. You will be responsible for providing the transcript and comparable information to the County at the time of the job offer.|
- Driving certified court print to meet minimum requirements for the job
|For positions that require driving||You will be responsible for securing the certified court print for your five-year driving record in Oregon and provide the results to the County. The County will include a link to the Oregon DMV website at the time the job offer is made.|
For positions that require driving and the candidate’s past five-year driving record is partially in Oregon and partially in another state, or completely in another state/s
|You will be responsible for securing the certified court print through the DMVs of any other states that you were licensed during the past five-year period and provide the results to the County. The County will include a link to the Oregon DMV website at the time the job offer is made. You will be responsible for identifying the appropriate process for securing the certified court print from DMVs in other states.|
- Veterans’ preference - If you are a veteran and would like to receive veterans’ preference consideration, you must submit a DD Form 214 or DD Form 215 by the closing date as specified in the job announcement. You can also submit a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating that you are the recipient of a non-service connected pension. See Veterans’ Preference.
- Applicant Demographic Information - Completion of the demographic form is voluntary and anonymous. It will be processed and kept separate from your application and will not be used to determine eligibility for any position.
Additional Required Documentation and Information
- Pay range - If an hourly or annual rate/salary range is listed on the job posting, the first step of the pay range is the lowest amount listed on the job announcement. Jackson County’s standard practice is to start all new hires at the first step of the pay range. At the time of a job offer, the final candidate’s request for a higher step in the range may be considered based on the candidate’s direct experience and work of a comparable character, such as experience in the same kind of position in a local government or same duties in a comparable organization. The County does not start new hires in the highest step in the pay range since no candidate has direct experience in that actual position at the County, with the exception of a former employee of the County returning to the same position/duties. Employees who are not at the top step of their job’s pay range are eligible for a next step pay increase on their compensation anniversary date and with a satisfactory performance review.
- References - The County will ask for at least three professional references if/at the time that you are selected as the final candidate. Current and former supervisors and others who know your work are preferred references.
- Pre-employment requirements - If you receive a job offer with the County, the offer may be contingent upon passing the following:
- A pre-employment drug screen, including but not limited to synthetic or natural medical or recreational marijuana.
- An acceptable Department of Motor Vehicles certified court print on driving record for the past five years, which may include prints from one or more states depending on your residence over the past five years.
- A criminal background check.
- Verification of college degree or credits listed on application for jobs that require or prefer a college degree.
- Other job-related requirements and/or tests that are listed in the job posting.
- Authorization to work in the United States - Within three days of hire, you will be required to complete the U.S. Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services form I-9 confirming authorization to work in the United States. Acceptable forms of identification can be found on the USCIS website at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9. Jackson County does not offer visa sponsorships