Let us help you!
Contact us or click on the following links for more information:
- Find a Well Report
- Report your dry well or significant reductions in well output
- Find Ground Water Data
- Find out if a Property has a Water Right
- Order a Water Right Research for a property ($88 fee)
- Apply for a New Water Right
- Frequently Asked Questions Water Rights and Oregon Water Law
- File a complaint for non-compliance with Oregon Water Law
Under Oregon law, all water is publicly owned. With some exceptions, cities, farmers, factory owners and other users must obtain a permit or water right from the Water Resources Department to use water from any source— whether it is underground, or from lakes or streams. Landowners with water flowing past, through, or under their property do not automatically have the right to use that water without a permit from the Department. Visit the Oregon Water Resources Department website to learn more about Oregon Water Law and applying for a water right.