Plumbing & Septic Permits

Plumbing Permits
Plumbing may only be installed by a licensed journeyman plumber employed by an Oregon licensed plumbing contractor. Exception: A person, or their immediate relative, may do plumbing on their own residence as long as it is not commercial, industrial, or for sale, rent or lease.
A plumbing permit is required for any new plumbing installation or remodel of existing plumbing, except "ordinary plumbing repairs."

Septic Permits
Jackson County residents needing permits or inspections for onsite septic systems will need to contact the State Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ). DEQ's onsite septic office location is below:

221 Stewart Avenue, Suite 201
Medford, OR 97501
(541) 776-6010

Josephine County and nearby residents will be able to come to the Grants Pass office to make applications and get basic questions answered on Fridays at:

Josephine County Health Dept.
715 NW Dimmick St, Grants Pass