Special Flood Hazard Area
This may require, but is not limited to;
- Elevating the lowest floor of the structure one (1) foot above the Base Flood Elevation
- A Flood Study to determine Base Flood Elevation where there is no data on the Base Flood Elevation
- Venting to mitigate hydrostatic forces on structures
- Anchoring to prevent floatation, collapse and lateral movement
- An Elevation certificate prior to pouring the foundation and an As-Built Elevation Certificate at time of completion
Jackson County Library has several FEMA publications on how to protect property from flood damage. For a list of available materials check the following link to Jackson County Library catalog of FEMA publications. You can also find additional information on protecting structures through FEMA.
If you wish to discuss potential development, mitigation and other floodplain requirements, the Floodplain Manager is available for one-on-one appointments.