Moving a Manufactured Home

  1. Secure a placement permit from the Planning Department where the home is moving to, to be sure that the manufactured structure may be sited at the new location. If moving within Jackson County go to the Development Services, 10 S Oakdale Room #100, Medford, OR 97501.
  2. Get a trip permit. Trip permits must be obtained before a manufactured home is moved and all taxes for the current fiscal year must be paid. These are issued by Jackson County Taxation. 
  3. If the home has been de-titled, it must be re-titled before the move (see Re-title/De-title link on left menu).
  4. If the home is moving out of the county, and the move is occurring between January 1st and June 30th, a prepayment of next year’s tax will be required. This is not required if the home is moving out of state. 
Any questions? Contact or come to our office as 10 S Oakdale, Room 111, Medford, OR 97501, on the first floor of the Annex, or call us at 541-774-6541.

Moving a Manufactured Home without Ownership Change.

Moving a Manufactured Home with Ownership Change: