AIC Visitation and Procedures
WARNING: Intentionally bringing contraband into a correctional facility is a FELONY under Oregon Law. Persons smuggling weapons, drugs, tobacco or any other prohibited item into the correctional facility are subject to prosecution.
Schedule a Visit
VISITATION PROCEDURES AT THE JACKSON COUNTY JAIL
- Each AIC shall fill out an Active Visitor List which will consist of up to 10 people who may be allowed to visit that AIC.
- If your name is not on the AIC’s Active Visitor List, you will not be allowed a visit. There will be no exceptions!
- Children can be included in the 10 Active Visitors.
- Names on the Active Visitor List may only be changed by the AIC through official correspondence.
- You can use the link above to Schedule a Visit for anyone over 18 years of age who has been approved as a visitor. This system will be available from Thursday at 1:00 pm through Friday at 6:00 pm each week and that is the only time that a visit can be scheduled. An individual may only be scheduled for one visit per weekend that lasts 30 minutes.
- Visiting appointments are scheduled according to where the AIC is housed in the jail, so you won’t be able to choose the time of day your visit will take place.
- You must arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit time. Failure to do so will result in the visit being cancelled.
- Requests for special visits will be considered under extreme circumstances. These visits must be scheduled with the Jail Commander, Monday through Friday, during normal business hours.
- Only AICs who have been incarcerated for 30 or more days, or who have been sentenced to 30 or more days, may have visits with a juvenile.
- Juveniles must be the legal child or under the legal guardianship of the AIC.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. No one under the age of 10 is permitted.
- If you are bringing children (under age 18) you must be the parent or legal guardian of the children. There must be official documentation presented at the time of the visit showing the relationship to the AIC and the supervising adult visitor.
- Anyone dressed in a manner which disrupts the orderly operation of the facility will not be allowed to visit. The staff’s decision is final.
- You may post money only to the account of the AIC you were visiting, after the visit.
- Footwear must be worn by all.
- Gang related clothing is not permitted.
- See-through clothing, including sheer fabrics and loose weave, is prohibited.
- Clothing similar to that worn by the AICs is prohibited.
- Shorts and dresses shorter than mid-line to the thigh or any clothing that is highly suggestive will not be permitted for a visit.
- Anyone wearing clothing which contains racial comments or slurs will not be permitted to visit.
- All visitors are subject to search.
- Photo identification is required for all adults.
- Responsibility for control and order of minors rest with the accompanying adult. If you are unwilling or unable to maintain control of a child, your visit shall be terminated.
- Visitors who show signs of alcohol or other intoxicant use shall not be allowed to visit.
- Visitors shall not possess or carry onto the grounds any explosive, firearm, ammunition, alcoholic beverage, narcotics, dangerous drugs, or objects or material of any kind which might be used to compromise the safety and security of the facility.
- Any previous acts, attempts or convictions in regards to smuggling drugs, weapons or contraband into any jail; assisting, conspiring or otherwise participating in an escape; possession, control, delivery or conspiring the same of an explosive device; will be grounds for being permanently restricted from visitation.
- You are ineligible to visit if you are currently on probation or parole or have been incarcerated in this facility within the past 12 months.
- Disrespect toward jail staff is cause to deny or terminate a visit.
- Contact visits are not permitted.
- Visits between AICs will not be permitted.